The requirements for application to Mira Costa National Honor Society are as follows:
- Candidates eligible for election to this chapter must be members of the Junior or Senior class (at the time of their induction into the chapter)
- To be eligible for selection to membership in this chapter, the candidate must have been in attendance for a period of one semester of Mira Costa High School
- Candidates eligible for election to the chapter shall have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.6 (out of 4.0; grade point average must be un-weighted and academic). This scholastic level of achievement shall remain fixed, and shall be the required minimum scholastic level of achievement for admission into candidacy. All students who can rise in scholarship to or above such standard may be admitted to candidacy for selection to membership.
- Upon meeting the grade level, attendance, and GPA standard requirements, candidates shall be considered based on their service, leadership, and character.
Membership Status Maintenance:
In order to maintain good standing as a member of Mira Costa National Honor Society, students must:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.6 (out of 4.0; grade point average must be un-weighted and academic)
- Incur no violations to the School Ethics Code/Policy as a result of poor behavior, plagiarism, cheating, etc.
- Maintain good overall attendance (minimal unverified and unexcused absences)
- Attend all chapter meetings -- members are allowed only two unexcused meeting absences before status as a member may be revoked
- Complete ten hours, minimum, of community/volunteer service, one of which must be a chapter-sponsored or led events