JUNIORS AND SOPHOMORES - ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE PSAT IS OPEN NOW through September 17th
The test will begin at 7:00 am on October 30 at MCHS. To register online, please go the MCHS website and click on the MCHS ASB Webstore in the upper right-hand corner or use this link: https://mchswebstore.myschoolcentral.com
In-person registration will be available September 10, 11, 12, and 13 in the CCC. On-time Registration cost is $25. Your final opportunity for LATE registration will be September 16 and 17, online or in person in the CCC. Late registration cost is $35. After you register online, bring your receipt to the CCC to pick-up your PSAT Study Guide. Please contact the CCC (ext. 5253) with any questions.
Why Take the PSAT?
Sophomores: Taking the PSAT in 10th grade is a great way to get familiar with the SAT exam format, before studying for the actual SAT. We recommend that sophomores take a mock ACT exam and the PSAT, so that by the end of their sophomore year they can decide which test to take for college admissions.
Juniors: In order to qualify as a National Merit Scholar, you must take the PSAT during your Junior year. All Juniors interested in being considered for the National Merit Scholarship should sign up for the exam. Furthermore, it is great practice for students who have not taken the SAT, and want to get familiar with the SAT Exam format.
BEFORE THE TEST:
- Check for your name and room number on the list posted outside of the Main Office the week before the test. If your name is not on the list, check with the CCC immediately.
- Know your room number before the day of the test.
- Report to your assigned room NO LATER than 6:55 a.m. Students who arrive after the test has begun will not be admitted. No refunds.
- Be sure to bring with you:
- 2 #2 pencils
- Student ID or Photo ID
- Calculator (any four-function scientific or graphing calculator will do)