Mira Costa High School

Skip to main content
Registrar/Records » Prospective Students

Prospective Students

Prospective Students:


For families entering MCHS from California or other states in the U.S., you will need to provide a transcript to your assigned guidance counselor or secretary in addition to any other paperwork such as proof of residency, birth certificate and immunization records, etc.  This transcript can be unofficial; we will be in touch with the issuing school to request records, including an official transcript, once the student is enrolled and attending classes at MCHS.  Please make any arrangements to return materials or pay outstanding fees directly with your child’s former school.  Any outstanding issues at previous schools can impact how quickly we receive requested documents. 


For families entering MCHS from other countries, you will need to provide your assigned guidance counselor or the registrar with an official transcript showing courses you took and the grades and credits you earned as a high school students.  An official transcript is typically signed by a school official and should be delivered to us inside a sealed envelope from the issuing school.  If the transcript appears in a language other than English, you will need to have the entire transcript translated into English by a certified translator and provide both the original transcript and with the translated transcript, as well as a certification letter prepared by the translator.  Translating services are widely available both here and abroad.