Important Information/Reminders - UPDATED 6/22/2021
Please submit athletic packets one month before the start of your sport's season. Athletic packets submitted late may not be able to be processed in a timely manner and could result in a delay in your participation or team tryout.
After completing registration for Mira Costa High School Sports online at https://miracosta.8to18.com , you must turn in your current Physical and Athletic/Activity Emergency Card forms to complete the process.
You may drop these forms off at Mira Costa High School, through the Attendance door of the main office M-F 7:30 am - 4:00 pm and place in the hanging file by sport. Mira Costa High School,1401 Artesia Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
Alternatively, you may mail them to the address above, Attn: Susan Allen. E-mailed documents will not be accepted.
MCHS Instructions for Using 8to18 Online Registration Module
To register for Mira Costa High School Sports online, use the following instructions:
- If you have registered previously, enter your Email address and Password in the respective text boxes and select “Let’s Go!” Note: If you have registered previously, but have forgotten your password, select the “Did you forget your password?” link, enter your Email address on the next screen and select the “Send recovery link” box. An email with a recovery link will be sent accordingly.
- If you have not registered previously, select “Create an Account”, enter your Email address, enter Password, re-enter the password a second time, and select “Let’s Go!” Note: store this login information with your other logins and passwords as you will use this login (your email address) and password combination throughout your student(s) high school career(s).
After successfully logging on, click/select “Begin Registration”
- Step 1: Select Activity, click/select the bullet next to the sport your child will be trying out for/participating in, then select the Continue to Step 2
- Step 2: New Participant OR Select a Participant,
- If you have not previously registered any of your children, you will be brought to the New Participant screen
- For Your Relationship to the Participant, select your relationship (Father, Mother, Legal Guardian, ) from the drop-down box
- Complete all required Participant Information – Indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Note: participant information is for the student, not the parent.
- Complete all required Emergency Contact information - indicated by an asterisk (*)
- When finished entering Participant Information and Emergency Contact information, select the Continue to Step 3
- Step 3: Primary Parent/Guardian Information, complete all required Parent/Guardian Information – indicated by an asterisk (*). When finished entering Parent/Guardian Information, click/select Legal box and then select the Continue to Step 4
- Step 4: Physical Form, if you need a form to take to the doctor, you may print it here by clicking/selecting the Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation form (pdf). Note: your athlete must have a current physical on file in order to begin practice. Physical forms are due to the secretary in the Admin Office by Thursday, July 18th. When finished, select the Continue to Step 5
- Step 5: Legal Forms. Note: These documents must be reviewed and accepted, click to open in a new window. Do the following for each:
- Click/Select the form (it will open in a new window)
- Read document
- When you and your child have finished reading the document, click/select the Guardian and Participant check boxes at the bottom of the document indicating your agreement/acceptance of this policy and authorizing your child to participate in this activity; then select the green Accept button.
- Click/Select the next form (until all have been accepted)
- When finished, select the Continue to Step 6
- Step 6: Summary - you will see a confirmation of your Registration information including Participant
- Click/Select the Finish button to complete your registration OR click/select the Add Another Registration button to register another child and/or register for another activity (if your child will play multiple sports).
Consider making your Dr. appointments now for physicals over the Summer because…
- A physical is required to participate in sports. A physical is good for one calendar year from the date of the exam. Example: an exam given on 7/13/20 is valid through 7/13/21; this is why we are requesting that ALL athletes obtain their athletic clearances in the summer. The physical date must cover the athlete through the season of the sport--including the CIF playoffs. If the athlete’s physical expires during the season, the athlete will need to schedule a new exam before the season begins to obtain a valid, Dr. signed physical
- If you do not have a doctor or your yearly physical does not coincide with your health plan, you may use:
California Education Code states that all students who participate in a co-curricular activity must have insurance coverage prior to practice or participation. If students do not have insurance coverage with their family, they may purchase school insurance from Meyers-Stevens. Medical brochures and forms are available in the school office and must be returned with the completed athletic forms.
Questions: Susan Allen, MCHS Administrative Assistant to Vice Principal, Athletics
email@example.com 310-318-7337 ext. 5017
Have a Great Season! Go Costa!