MIRA COSTA HIGH
“Mira Costa is a community of learners where each member
has the opportunity to achieve academic, creative,
personal, and social excellence.”
Friday, November 15, 2019 Regular Schedule
TODAY 11/15 – She Kills Monsters at 7:30 pm in the Small Theater; Senior Cap, Gown, Class Ring and Announcement orders outside the CCC from 8 am to 1 pm with Jostens rep
SAT 11/16 – Choir Vox Femina Concert, Choral Union at First Congregational Church LA; Progress Report Grades Visible in Aeries; She Kills Monsters at 7:30 pm in the Small Theater
TUE 11/19 – Club Council Meeting at lunch in Room 41; Lip Sync Dress Rehearsal at 3 pm in the Auditorium; Special Screening of Screenagers Next Chapter: Uncovering Skills for Stress Resilience at 7 pm in the Auditorium
WED 11/20 – Office Hours Schedule; Blood Drive; Choir MB Pier Lighting at 6 pm at MB Pier; Lip Sync event at 7 pm in the Auditorium
THU 11/21 – Scholar Breakfast at 7 am in the Cafeteria (new date!); Principal’s Tour at 9 am in the Admin Office
FRI 11/22 – Comedy Sportz Match
· Please release the following students this week:
o TODAY 11/15 – Cross-Country (see emailed list) from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
· Thailand 2020 – All students going to Thailand must attend a meeting Wednesday, 11/20, at lunch in Room 234. Bring a friend – we have a few spots left!
· She Kills Monsters final two shows TONIGHT and tomorrow at 7:30 pm. Come see an action-fueled epic that transports us from the halls and fields of an Ohio high school to the fantasy world of a role-playing game. Tickets available online at miracostadramaboosters.org.
· Boys’ Tennis will be holding tryouts at Mira Costa tennis courts from 3 to 5:30 pm on the following days: New Players, 12/2 – 12/5; Returning Players, 12/3 – 12/5; 12/6 if needed.
· TODAY only, Friday, 11/15, the Jostens Representative will be here from 8 am to 1 pm outside of the CCC. Bring your order forms for Graduation Caps, Gowns, Announcements, Rings and Swag. Senior packets/order forms are available in the admin office, or order online at Jostens.com.
· Attention Seniors! This is the last month to purchase Senior Ads for the 2020 yearbook. For more details and information, visit the “Yearbook” tab on the Mira Costa website then click on “Senior Ads,” or visit Room 102.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
· Join the Grades of Green Club to empower the community to take action about the environment to get involved in international environmental campaigns that create change in the community. Stop by Room 231 TODAY to join and eat doughnuts!
· Hello! Creative Writing Club is TODAY in Room 207. Everyone is welcome.
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER
· Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our credentialed college counselors.
Call 310-318-7337 ext. 5253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
· College Essays – If you’d like a CCC counselor to revise your personal statement or personal insight questions, bring a double-spaced copy to the CCC. Be sure to include your name, email, and the prompt to which you are responding.
· *SENIORS* The UC & CSU Application closes on Nov. 30. The CCC is closed the week of Thanksgiving Break, which overlaps that deadline. Please make sure to visit us the week prior to the break (11/18 - 11/22) with any questions. If you have any essays to be reviewed prior to the Nov. 30 deadline, please submit them to the CCC by Tuesday, Nov. 19.
· College Representative Visits in the CCC – If visit is during class please get teacher permission to attend. This is an opportunity to learn about your schools of interest and meet the admission counselors. View all visits and sign up to attend on NAVIANCE. Please bring your school ID.
o Tuesday, 11/19 – Michigan State University at 10:23am; El Camino College Application Workshop at 12:20pm.
o Wednesday, 11/20 – Santa Monica College at 9:27am.
· SoCal ROC – Spring semester schedules are now available in the CCC! Reasons to attend SoCal ROC: 1) Earn high school elective credits – many courses are A-G approved; 2) Gain valuable hands-on experience in a variety of careers; 3) Explore careers related to Art & Design, Engineering & Design, Finance & Business, Health Sciences and Public & Consumer Services; 4) Classes are free, and transportation is provided for our 12:45pm and 3:45pm classes. Your SoCal ROC career guidance specialist will be on campus in the CCC on Mondays during 2nd period through snack (9:00am – 10:30am). Drop in during that time, and she can answer any questions or accept applications from interested students.
· Test Prep Resources are listed on the MCHS website→College Tab→Testing or use the link: http://www.miracostahigh.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=349909&type=d&pREC_ID=759631