PTSA MEMBERSHIP 2020–2021
Why Should We Join PTSA for $20/Person…Especially When Students Are Not on Campus?
- Learning is On — Though students are not on campus full-time, teaching and learning are still happening. The PTSA supports our teachers with the supplies and technology they need to teach whether they are in a classroom or not.
- Safe Return to School — Eventually, we will return to school. And when we do, health and safety will be paramount. PTSA is restructuring its programming and budget to help address what students and staff will need to feel safe.
- Power in Numbers — PTAs/PTSAs are one of the largest advocacy organizations in our state and country. Participation means representation. As elected officials countenance funding at woefully inadequate levels compared to students in other states and even other cities throughout California, strength in numbers is critical — perhaps now more than ever.
The strength of our PTSA depends upon the involvement and commitment of all parents, students and staff. Please join our PTSA for $20 per person. Each membership includes a MCHS directory.
Why Should I also Donate to PTSA?
- The Costa Experience — PTSA is part of your student’s experience at Mira Costa along with MBEF and booster organizations for sports/clubs in which your child is involved. PTSA supports technology, supplies and programs. MBEF helps to fund staff — especially with limited dollars from our state — and Booster Organizations support students’ extra-curricular interests.
- One Ask, One Time — We don’t have fundraisers throughout the year. A one-time donation is all we ask.
- PTSA Priorities — This year, our priorities include:
- Maintaining Safety, Health & Wellness
- Fostering Academic Excellence in Any Environment
- Cultivating a Costa Connection
- Advocating for Fair Funding
In addition to becoming a PTSA member, please consider a fully tax-deductible gift of $330 per student to help fund PTSA programs at Costa. MCHS PTSA Tax ID 95-6208384
*Donation in Memory
If you would like to make a contribution in memory of an alumni or teacher, please list "In Memory of . . . " in the field titled List Student Name. You will have a chance to enter any amount in the cart.