AP & Honors Programs
Are you ready for a unique learning experience that will help you succeed in college? Each year, students around the world who want to learn and achieve at the highest level become AP students. Through AP's college-level courses and exams, you can earn college credit and advanced placement, stand out in the admissions process, and learn from some of the most skilled, dedicated, and inspiring teachers in the world.
Why Participate? With more than 30 courses and exams across multiple subject areas, AP offers something for everyone. Here are just a few reasons to sign up: Earn College Credit and Advanced Placement
- Receive recognition from more than 3,600 colleges and universities that annually receive AP Exam scores. Over 90% of 4-year colleges in the U.S. provide credit and/or advanced placement for qualifying scores.
- Have time to move into upper-level courses in your field of interest, pursue a double major, or study abroad.
- Design a college experience that suits you and gives you the flexibility to get the most out of your college years. Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to take the most rigorous courses available to you.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence. Gain Skills that Will Help You Succeed in College
- Get a head start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work. Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
- Be part of a community of students and educators who are passionate, curious, and committed to academic excellence
- Engage in intense discussions, solve problems collaboratively, and learn to write clearly and persuasively
- Take courses that are developed by leading professors to reflect the level of learning happening at colleges throughout the country How Do I Enroll? Once you've decided to take the AP challenge it's easy to enroll.
- Talk to an AP teacher or the AP Coordinator at your school about the course you want to take. Discuss the course's workload and any preparation you might need.
Each year hundreds of students participate through independent study. Some states even sponsor online AP courses. - College Board https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/home