MIRA COSTA HIGH
“Mira Costa is a community of learners where each member
has the opportunity to achieve academic, creative,
personal, and social excellence.”
Monday, November 18, 2019 Regular Schedule
TUE 11/19 – Club Council Meeting at lunch in Room 41; Lip Sync Dress Rehearsal at 3 pm in the Auditorium; Special Screening of Screenagers Next Chapter: Uncovering Skills for Stress Resilience at 7 pm in the Auditorium; Bands, Cheer, and Dance Team Field Show Dream On at 7 pm in Waller Stadium
WED 11/20 – Office Hours Schedule; Blood Drive; Choir MB Pier Lighting at 6 pm at MB Pier
THU 11/21 – Scholar Breakfast at 7 am in the Cafeteria (new date!); Principal’s Tour at 9 am in the Admin Office; Lip Sync event at 7 pm in the Auditorium
FRI 11/22 – Comedy Sportz Match
MON 11/25 – FRI 11/29 – Thanksgiving Break, No School
· The Grammy Award Winning Mira Costa Bands with Mira Costa Cheer and Dance Team present the end of the season stadium concert and Spirit Showcase, the final performance of our 2019 Field Show Dream On at Waller Stadium on Nov. 19 at 7 pm. Celebrate the end of the Fall Season!
· Thailand 2020 – All students going to Thailand must attend a meeting Wednesday, 11/20, at lunch in Room 234. Bring a friend – we have a few spots left!
· England, Ireland, Scotland Spring Break 2021 – Come to join us on Wednesday, 11/20 at lunch in Room 72 to get more information.
· Boys’ Tennis will be holding tryouts at Mira Costa tennis courts from 3 to 5:30 pm on the following days: New Players, 12/2 – 12/5; Returning Players, 12/3 – 12/5; 12/6 if needed.
· Swim Team Tryouts are Dec. 9. Warm-up/check-in starts at 2 pm and the tryout starts at 3 pm. If you are interested in trying out for the team or have any questions, please see Coach Halushka in Room 56 at snack or lunch, at the pool during 6th period, or email him at email@example.com.
· Attention Seniors! If you have not yet submitted your votes for senior superlatives, Friday 11/22 is the last day to do so. You can find the Google form in your MBUSDapps email.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
· If Ghandi were alive today, he would say…JOIN HEART CLUB! Every Friday at lunch in Room 56.
· For lots of important news regarding the Drama Department, go to the Drama Room 1 at lunch on Wednesday for Drama Club!
· Here are 3 words: laugh, fun, talent. If any of these spark interest, come to Improv Club in the Drama Room 1 at lunch on Tuesday.
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER
· Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our credentialed college counselors.
Call 310-318-7337 ext. 5253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
· College Essays – If you’d like a CCC counselor to revise your personal statement or personal insight questions, bring a double-spaced copy to the CCC. Be sure to include your name, email, and the prompt to which you are responding. If you have any essays to be reviewed prior to the Nov. 30th deadline, please submit them to the CCC by Tuesday, Nov. 19.
· *SENIORS* The UC & CSU Application closes on Nov. 30. The CCC is closed the week of Thanksgiving Break, which overlaps that deadline. Please make sure to visit us the week prior to the break (11/18 - 11/22) with any questions. If you have any essays to be reviewed prior to the Nov. 30 deadline, please submit them to the CCC by Tuesday, Nov. 19.
· College Representative Visits in the CCC – If visit is during class please get teacher permission to attend. This is an opportunity to learn about your schools of interest and meet the admission counselors. View all visits and sign up to attend on NAVIANCE. Please bring your school ID.
o Tuesday, 11/19 – Michigan State University at 10:23am; El Camino College Application Workshop at 12:20pm.
o Wednesday, 11/20 – Santa Monica College at 9:27am; Laguna College of Art & Design – Presentation and portfolio reviews at 12:26pm (PM Office Hours).
· SoCal ROC – Spring semester schedules are now available in the CCC! Reasons to attend SoCal ROC: 1) Earn high school elective credits – many courses are A-G approved; 2) Gain valuable hands-on experience in a variety of careers; 3) Explore careers related to Art & Design, Engineering & Design, Finance & Business, Health Sciences and Public & Consumer Services; 4) Classes are free, and transportation is provided for our 12:45pm and 3:45pm classes. Your SoCal ROC career guidance specialist will be on campus in the CCC on Mondays during 2nd period through snack (9:00am – 10:30am). Drop in during that time, and she can answer any questions or accept applications from interested students.
· Test Prep Resources are listed on the MCHS website→College Tab→Testing or use the link: http://www.miracostahigh.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=349909&type=d&pREC_ID=759631