MIRA COSTA HIGH
“Mira Costa is a community of learners where each member
has the opportunity to achieve academic, creative,
personal, and social excellence.”
Wednesday, December 18, 2019 Minimum Day/Finals Schedule
Period 0 (To be determined by individual teachers)
Third-Period Exam 8:00 – 10:02
Snack 10:02 – 10:14
Fourth-Period Exam 10:20 – 12:22
TODAY 12/18 – Periods 3 & 4 Finals Schedule (see website); 9x12 Art Fund Candle Collection – orders due today to guarantee holiday delivery
THU 12/19 – Periods 5 & 6 Finals Schedule (see website); Principal’s Tour at 9 am in the Admin Office
FRI 12/20 – Minimum Day Schedule/End of 1st Semester; Crew Packets and Audition Packets for Into the Woods due by 12:30 pm; Lost & Found – last day to pick up items before they are donated
MON 12/23 – FRI 1/3 – Winter Recess, No School
· Introducing the 9x12 Art Fund Candle Collection created by Costa students Cora Uchida, Kyle Sokol and Kennedy Stiles. Order yours by TODAY, 12/18, for holiday delivery at www.andersonlilley.com/9x12candles.
· Holiday Shopping? Get Some Cool Costa Gear! A new shipment of Spirit Wear just arrived at the ASB Student Store. Cozy Costa shirts make great holiday gifts. Beat the crowds and order on the ASB Webstore https://mchswebstore.myschoolcentral.com or enjoy personal service by stopping in at the ASB Finance Office. Remember all merchandise is while supplies last, so get yours now.
· Reminder: Please come check the Lost & Found (by/in the Attendance Office) for any lost items. All items not claimed by 12/20/19 will be donated.
· Crew Packets are available in Room 104 (shop) for Drama/Tech’s Spring Musical production of Into the Woods. Packets are due to Mr. Jordahl by 12:30 pm on 12/20.
· Audition packets and vocal sides are available in Room 1 for Drama/Tech’s Spring Musical production of Into the Woods. Packets are due to Mr. Westerberg (Room 1) by 12:30 pm on 12/20.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
· Please donate a canned or non-perishable food item for those that don’t have enough to eat this holiday season. There is a collection box in the front office. The South Bay Food Initiative will make sure it is donated to families in need. For more information, please visit www.southbayfoodinitiative.com.
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER
· Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our credentialed college counselors. Call 310-318-7337 ext. 5253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
· PSAT Results – If you took the PSAT in October, College Board is releasing results on their Website. College Board listed Dec. 10 as the score release date for the state of California. When your PSAT/NMSQT scores are ready online, you’ll get an email with instructions on creating your College Board account if you don’t already have one, going to your online score report, and using your access code to view your scores. The link for the College Board Webpage is:
https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/scores/getting-scores. If you have trouble accessing your results, College Board provided Mira Costa with a paper copy you can pick-up in the CCC along with your test booklet.
· SENIORS – MCHS Scholarship Notebook Program: The scholarship notebook is a personal profile that will be read by members of community scholarship committees. Each scholarship committee creates their own criteria for selection and carefully screens the applicants to find the appropriate candidates for their scholarships. The scholarship donors are looking for students who may meet ANY of the following criteria: financial need, plan to attend a two- or four-year school or trade school, have completed numerous volunteer hours, plan to study a particular major (i.e. Art, Dance, Business, Education, Language), deserve a merit award for excellent grades, meet any number of additional criteria! *To be eligible to apply, students must attend ONE of the following five information meetings in the CCC: Jan. 8 (PM Office Hours), or Jan. 9, 14, 16, and 23 during lunch. It is mandatory for students to sign up on Naviance prior to the meeting to attend. Please bring your school ID to scan in and $5 to purchase the notebooks.
NOTE: We are confirming donors for the class of 2020 Scholarships. If you’d like to view specific scholarships and the criteria used to select recipients, last year's scholarship chart can be found on the MCHS Website→College Tab→Senior To Dos→Scholarship Notebook.
Test Prep Resources are listed on the MCHS website→College Tab→Testing or use the link: http://www.miracostahigh.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=349909&type=d&pREC_ID=759631