MIRA COSTA HIGH
“Mira Costa is a community of learners where each member
has the opportunity to achieve academic, creative,
personal, and social excellence.”
Friday, December 20, 2019 Minimum Day Schedule
Period 0 7:00 - 7:55
Period 1 8:00 - 8:36
Period 2 8:42 - 9:20
Period 3 9:26 - 10:02
Snack 10:02 - 10:15
Period 4 10:21 - 10:57
Period 5 11:03 - 11:39
Period 6 11:45 - 12:21
TODAY 12/20 – Minimum Day Schedule/End of 1st Semester; Crew Packets and Audition Packets for Into the Woods due by 12:30 pm; Lost & Found – last day to pick up items before they are donated
MON 12/23 – FRI 1/3 – Winter Recess, No School
· Please excuse the following students TODAY, 12/20: Girls’ Basketball (Varsity – see emailed list), all day
· Join us at the Mira Costa Rugby 2nd Annual Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser on Saturday, Jan. 11 from 8 to 10 am at the Waller Stadium Snack Stand. Tickets are $12 and can be purchased at the MBX website. The breakfast will be followed by the Mira Costa Mustangs vs. Torrey Pines H.S. rugby match, kick-off at 10 am.
· Holiday Shopping? Get Some Cool Costa Gear! A new shipment of Spirit Wear just arrived at the ASB Student Store. Cozy Costa shirts make great holiday gifts. Beat the crowds and order on the ASB Webstore https://mchswebstore.myschoolcentral.com or enjoy personal service by stopping in at the ASB Finance Office. Remember all merchandise is while supplies last, so get yours now.
· Reminder: Please come check the Lost & Found (by/in the Attendance Office) TODAY for any lost items. All items not claimed TODAY will be donated.
· Crew Packets are available in Room 104 (shop) for Drama/Tech’s Spring Musical production of Into the Woods. Packets are due to Mr. Jordahl by 12:30 pm TODAY.
· Audition packets and vocal sides are available in Room 1 for Drama/Tech’s Spring Musical production of Into the Woods. Packets are due to Mr. Westerberg (Room 1) by 12:30 pm TODAY.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER
· Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our credentialed college counselors. Call 310-318-7337 ext. 5253 or email email@example.com to schedule your appointment.
· SENIORS – MCHS Scholarship Notebook Program: The scholarship notebook is a personal profile that will be read by members of community scholarship committees. Each scholarship committee creates their own criteria for selection and carefully screens the applicants to find the appropriate candidates for their scholarships. The scholarship donors are looking for students who may meet ANY of the following criteria: financial need, plan to attend a two- or four-year school or trade school, have completed numerous volunteer hours, plan to study a particular major (i.e. Art, Dance, Business, Education, Language), deserve a merit award for excellent grades, meet any number of additional criteria! *To be eligible to apply, students must attend ONE of the following five information meetings in the CCC: Jan. 8 (PM Office Hours), or Jan. 9, 14, 16, and 23 during lunch. It is mandatory for students to sign up on Naviance prior to the meeting to attend. Please bring your school ID to scan in and $5 to purchase the notebooks.
NOTE: We are confirming donors for the class of 2020 Scholarships. If you’d like to view specific scholarships and the criteria used to select recipients, last year's scholarship chart can be found on the MCHS Website→College Tab→Senior To Dos→Scholarship Notebook.
Test Prep Resources are listed on the MCHS website→College Tab→Testing or use the link: http://www.miracostahigh.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=349909&type=d&pREC_ID=759631