MIRA COSTA HIGH
“Mira Costa is a community of learners where each member
has the opportunity to achieve academic, creative,
personal, and social excellence.”
Monday, March 2, 2020 Regular Schedule
TODAY 3/2 – Freshman 4-Year Planning Meetings with the Counselors in the CCC (during certain English classes); Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule)
TUE 3/3 – PTA Council Meeting at 8:30 am to 1 pm in the Teacher Lounge; Freshman 4-Year Planning Meetings with the Counselors in the CCC (during certain English classes); Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule); 9th Grade Parent Meeting (current) 6 to 7 pm in the Auditorium
WED 3/4 – Office Hours Schedule; Coffee with the Principal at 7:30 am in the Admin Office; Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule); Club Day at lunch in the Mustang Mall
THU 3/5 – PTSA Meeting at 11:30 am to 1 pm in the GOCR; Freshman 4-Year Planning Meetings with the Counselors in the CCC (during certain English classes); Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule)
FRI 3/6 –Freshman 4-Year Planning Meetings with the Counselors in the CCC (during certain English classes); Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule); Scheduling Screencast Goes Live; ComedySportz Match at 7 pm in the Small Theater
SAT 3/7 – Campus Beautification Sponsored by PTSA and ASB from 9 am to 1 pm, meet at Room 41 in the morning; Soroptimist Manhattan Beach “Dream It, Be It” Workshop – register at https://www.simanhattanbeach.org/.
MON 3/9 – Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule)
TUE 3/10 – Friday 3/13 – Scholar Quiz; Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule)
WED 3/11 – Office Hours Schedule; Families Connected Speaker Series: “Vaping in 2020: what parents Need to Know” from 6:30 to 8 pm in the RUHS Auditorium
THU 3/12 – Families Connected Speaker Series: “Vaping in 2020: What Parents Need to Know” from 6:30 to 8 pm in the RUHS Auditorium
· SENIORS: You were sent a message on 2/7 asking you to click on a link to a form to fill out regarding the name you would like to use on your diploma. Please follow the link using your school MBUSDapps Gmail account if you would like the name printed on your diploma to be different than that listed in your Aeries account. Deadline to complete this form is Mar. 16. For questions, please contact the registrar, Dominique Sharp, in the Admin Office.
· Attention Seniors! The time you’ve been waiting for has arrived! Applications to audition to speak at Graduation will be available starting TODAY! Please see Ms. Howerton in Room 16 to pick up an application and for more info.
· Attention Juniors: Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is coming up soon, and the senior English teachers have prepared a presentation to walk you through your English options for next year. If you would like to learn about English 12 CP, senior seminars, and AP Literature, please come to the Small Theater this Wednesday, Mar. 4 during AM Office Hours.
· Physical Fitness testing for all 9th graders takes place from TODAY, March 2 through March 13. Please see the *below/attached schedule. For questions, email Ms. Anderson at email@example.com.
· Students: Do NOT park your bicycles or skateboards on handicap access ramps. Use the bike racks only for this purpose. Bike racks are located throughout the school, including by the Admin parking lot, near the softball field, near the Auditorium, and near the History Building. We want our campus to be a welcoming and accessible place for all. Security will be standing by the access ramps. Students seen parking bikes or skateboards on the ramps will receive disciplinary consequences.
· Campus Beautification Day is Saturday, March 7 from 9 am to 1 pm. Come spruce up the Costa campus! Meet at Room 41 in the morning.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
· Come to American Sign Language (ASL) Club on Fridays at lunch in Room 74 to make new friends, learn new signs, and eat yummy snacks!
· The Marine Mammal Care Center is the only center that cares for marine animals for a 70-mile stretch of land, and they’re in danger of closing! If you’d like to help, Room 207 is accepting donations – also talk to your teachers about donation boxes in their classrooms!
· Save the Date! On Mar. 7, the Soroptimist Manhattan Beach organization is launching the annual Dream It, Be It event – a career support workshop to help girls grow to be strong, successful, happy adults. Register TODAY at https://www.simanhattanbeach.org/.
· Are you a writer, poet, musician, artist, filmmaker, etc.? Do you want to be PUBLISHED?! Submit your work to Papercut, Mira Costa’s Literary and Art Magazine! Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or join us for weekly meetings Mondays (TODAY) at lunch in Room 207!
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER
· Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our credentialed college counselors. Call 310-318-7337 ext. 5253 or email email@example.com to schedule your appointment.
· College Representative Visits in the CCC – If visit is during class please get teacher permission to attend. This is an opportunity to learn about your schools of interest and meet the admission counselors. View all visits and sign up to attend on NAVIANCE. Please bring your school ID.
- Wednesday, 3/4 – El Camino College 9:30am – 11:00am and 11:45am – 1:15pm Appointments – sign up in the CCC. Lunchtime Drop-ins welcome 11:10am – 11:40am.
- Friday, 3/6 – Santa Monica College at 9:00am
Test Prep Resources are listed on the MCHS website→College Tab→Testing or use the link: http://www.miracostahigh.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=349909&type=d&pREC_ID=759631