MIRA COSTA HIGH
“Mira Costa is a community of learners where each member
has the opportunity to achieve academic, creative,
personal, and social excellence.”
Monday, March 9, 2020 Regular Schedule
TODAY 3/9 – Thursday 3/12 – Scholar Quiz at lunch; Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule)
WED 3/11 – Office Hours Schedule
THU 3/12 – Families Connected Speaker Series: “Vaping in 2020: What Parents Need to Know” from 6:30 to 8 pm in the RUHS Auditorium
FRI 3/13 – Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule)
MON 3/16 – Scholar Quiz Semi-Finals at lunch; Deadline for Seniors to submit diploma name-change form (see SENIORS, below)
TUE 3/17 – Scheduling Window Opens for Current Juniors; Club Council Meeting at lunch in Room 41
WED 3/18 – Office Hours Schedule; Scheduling Window Opens for Current Sophomores; Scholar Quiz Finals during 2nd period in the Auditorium
· Juniors – Stressed just thinking about College Apps? There is a new Summer School opportunity, CAP – a college application prep class coached by Ms. Vaughan. Two sessions are available. Check out the MBX website if you want to finish your apps this summer and start your senior year stress free.
· SENIORS: You were sent a message on 2/7 asking you to click on a link to a form to fill out regarding the name you would like to use on your diploma. Please follow the link using your school MBUSDapps Gmail account if you would like the name printed on your diploma to be different than that listed in your Aeries account. Deadline to complete this form is Mar. 16. For questions, please contact the registrar, Dominique Sharp, in the Admin Office.
· Scholar Quiz starts TODAY and runs every day at lunchtime until Thursday (3/12). Semi-Finals will be on Monday (3/16), again at lunchtime. The Final will be held in the Auditorium during 2nd Period on Wednesday (3/18). The bracket is posted on the website and will be updated each day. There is also a large bracket banner outside the ASB classrooms. Everyone is welcome to come and support your friends and classmates. Best of luck to the teams involved!
· During Costachella (Apr. 1), MCHS clubs that highlight diversity and/or work to create inclusion on campus are invited to promote themselves during AM Office Hours. An email was sent out inviting all clubs to apply for this networking opportunity. Please respond by Friday, Mar. 13 if you want to be eligible for this event.
· Physical Fitness testing for all 9th graders continues through March 13. Please see the *below/attached schedule. For questions, email Ms. Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
· ATTENTION all Club Presidents: If you would like to be included in the reference section of the 2020 yearbook, please sign up for a date to have your club’s photo taken. QR codes can be found in your English classroom on bright pink paper, in Room 102, or outside the ASB Room. Be sure to scan the code, sign up for your preferred date, and make sure your club members are present for the photo on the date you select. Come prepared with a complete list of club members. Questions? Visit Room 102 and see Mrs. Valbuena. Photos must be taken before 3/20 to make deadline.
· Feeling stressed? The Eastern Medicine Club is hosting its first relaxation session with a tea ceremony and a Tai Chi session where we not only get to taste different teas, but also learn how to do a relaxing, soft-style martial art: Tai Chi. Come to Mr. Locke’s Room 352B on Mondays (TODAY) during lunch. Free chips, seaweed, and other snacks will be provided.
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER
· Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our credentialed college counselors. Call 310-318-7337 ext. 5253 or email email@example.com to schedule your appointment.
· College Representative Visits in the CCC – If visit is during class please get teacher permission to attend. This is an opportunity to learn about your schools of interest and meet the admission counselors. View all visits and sign up to attend on NAVIANCE. Please bring your school ID.
- Wednesday, 3/11 – El Camino College 9:30am – 11:00am and 11:45am – 1:15pm appointments, sign up in the CCC. Orientation Workshop 12:30pm – 1:30pm, sign up on Naviance. Lunchtime Drop-ins welcome 11:10am – 11:40am.
Test Prep Resources are listed on the MCHS website→College Tab→Testing or use the link: http://www.miracostahigh.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=349909&type=d&pREC_ID=759631