MIRA COSTA HIGH
“Mira Costa is a community of learners where each member
has the opportunity to achieve academic, creative,
personal, and social excellence.”
Friday, March 13, 2020 Regular Schedule
FRI 3/13 – Physical Fitness Testing (attached schedule)
MON 3/16 – Scholar Quiz Semi-Finals at lunch in Room 1 and Small Theater; Deadline for Seniors to submit diploma name-change form (see SENIORS, below)
TUE 3/17 – Scheduling Window Opens for Current Juniors; Club Council Meeting at lunch in Room 41
WED 3/18 – Office Hours Schedule; Scheduling Window Opens for Current Sophomores; Scholar Quiz Finals during 2nd period in the Auditorium
THU 3/19 – Principal’s Tour at 9 am in the Admin Office; Jostens Rep outside the CCC at snack and lunch for Senior Announcement distribution and late Cap & Gown orders; Futsal Tournament Sign-Ups in Room 40; NHS Full Chapter Meeting; Scheduling Window Opens for Current Freshmen; Drama Dessert Theatre at 7 pm in the Small Theater
FRI 3/20 – End of 3rd Quarter; Futsal Tournament Sign-Ups in Room 40; NHS Full Chapter Meeting; Scheduling Window Opens for Current 8th Grade Students; Band Send-Off Concert at 7 pm in the Auditorium; Drama Fullerton Theatre Festival through SAT 3/21
· Juniors – Sign up for the College Essay Writing Workshop, available this summer. Two sessions will be taught by Ms. Vaughan. Alleviate your stress and finish your essays this summer through MBX.
· The Jostens Rep will be here Thursday 3/19 during snack and lunch outside the CCC. If you ordered graduation announcements, pick them up. Haven’t ordered your cap & gown? Late orders will be accepted that day.
· SENIORS: You were sent a message on 2/7 asking you to click on a link to a form to fill out regarding the name you would like to use on your diploma. Please follow the link using your school MBUSDapps Gmail account if you would like the name printed on your diploma to be different than that listed in your Aeries account. Deadline to complete this form is Monday, Mar. 16. For questions, please contact the registrar, Dominique Sharp, in the Admin Office.
· From now until the end of school, the Good Shepherd’s Center will be collecting supplies to help women’s shelters in Downtown L.A. Please donate soaps, shampoos, conditioners, toiletries and feminine hygiene products to the box in the Admin Building.
· Applications open soon for students interested in the AP Capstone two-year special topics and individual research program! Next year’s program focuses on Environmental Philosophy with inquiries into sustainability, ethical theories, resource allocation and animal rights, as well as personal and global responses to environmental crises both current and future. This two-year program guides students through the process of learning analysis of argumentation, the basics of proper research, and cross-disciplinary studies based on students’ own academic, career, and intellectual interests, leading to year-two’s year-long research project, which students plan and execute from their own open-ended interests – often becoming a successful gateway to college research positions and honors programs early in undergraduate studies. To learn more, please visit Mrs. Cabrera in Room 45 at lunch on 3/17 for a formal information session. See more at Mrs. Cabrera’s website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Scholar Quiz continues on Monday (3/16) with the Semi-Finals at lunchtime. One will be in the Small Theater and the other in the Drama Room 1. The Final will be held in the Auditorium during 2nd Period on Wednesday (3/18). The bracket is posted on the website and is updated each day. There is also a large bracket banner outside the ASB classrooms. Everyone is welcome to come and support your friends and classmates. Best of luck to the teams involved!
· During Costachella (Apr. 1), MCHS clubs that highlight diversity and/or work to create inclusion on campus are invited to promote themselves during AM Office Hours. An email was sent out inviting all clubs to apply for this networking opportunity. This is the last week for your club to be eligible. Please respond TODAY if you want to be considered for this event. Come to Room 20 (Hutchinson) with any questions!
· Physical Fitness testing for all 9th graders ends TODAY. Please see the *below/attached schedule. For questions, email Ms. Anderson at email@example.com.
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
· Hello Lego enthusiasts – Come join us TODAY at lunch in Room 111 for Lego Club. See you soon!
COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER
· Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our credentialed college counselors. Call 310-318-7337 ext. 5253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
· College Representative Visits in the CCC – If visit is during class please get teacher permission to attend. This is an opportunity to learn about your schools of interest and meet the admission counselors. View all visits and sign up to attend on NAVIANCE. Please bring your school ID.
- Wednesday, 3/18 – Marymount California University at 9:27am
- Friday, 3/20 – UC Merced at 10:23am, Santa Monica College at 10:23am
Test Prep Resources are listed on the MCHS website→College Tab→Testing or use the link: http://www.miracostahigh.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=349909&type=d&pREC_ID=759631
Mira Costa High School
*Physical Fitness Testing – 2020 (Class of 2023)
All 9th Grade students will be tested the weeks of March 2, 2020 – March 13, 2020
- Physical Education Classes – Test in class by their teacher
- Athletics (On campus coaches) – Test by their coach
- Athletics (Off campus coaches) – Test by D. Anderson and S. Bertran during 6th pd on assigned day.
6th Period Sport/Activity Testing Schedule
Monday, March 2, 2020
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Badminton, Tennis (B)
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Beach Volleyball (G)
Thursday, March 5, 2020