Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year!
Dear Mira Costa Students,
It is that time again! The course request window will open for students to select their courses for the 2020-2021 school year soon!
The course request window will open at 8:00AM for:
Incoming 12th Grade: March 17th
Incoming 11th Grade: March 18th
Incoming 10th Grade: March 19th
Incoming 9th Grade: March 20th
The window to request courses will close on April 3rd.
This scheduling process is NOT first come, first served. All students within a class (12th, 11th, 10th, 9th) will have equal opportunity for classes, regardless of when they select their courses. Please keep in mind alternates are important as electives are not guaranteed. This process helps us to create the appropriate kind and number of courses we offer at MCHS, leading to a balanced schedule for students and teachers.
STUDENTS MUST BE LOGGED INTO THEIR AERIES STUDENT PORTAL
PARENTS CANNOT SELECT COURSES FOR THEIR STUDENTS IN THEIR AERIES PARENT PORTAL
- Log into your AERIES student account.
- Click on “Classes.”
- Click on “Course Request Entry.”
- Under “Subject Area”, you can filter courses.
- Select the course you would like to take. (Example: For English 9, you would select 10001).
- If you select a semester course (course number ending in a “3”), make sure to select another semester-long course ending in “3”.
- Incoming 9th-11th grade students must select a minimum of 6 courses.
- Incoming 12th grade students must select a minimum of 5 courses.
- The maximum number of courses a student can select is 7.
- The maximum number of AP courses a student can select is 4.
- If you do not want a zero period class, you MUST select “Excused Zero Period”, which will not be counted as one of your course selections.
- For all elective courses, students MUST select one alternate.
- For Incoming 9th grade students planning to play a sport, it is highly recommended that you select “Zero Period Athletics” in order minimize the disruptions to your schedule when your season begins.
- If you participated in a sport in the 2019-2020 school year and plan to continue with this sport, please select “Excused Per 6”
- For Incoming 12th grade students selecting English 12 Seminars, you MUST click on “Add Alternate” for each of your two choices. Select an alternate option for each seminar.
- Once you complete your selection of course requests, you can log out. There is no save button.
- Review Selected Courses
- Review the courses you selected.
- Consider the time required to be successful in these courses in conjunction with any in-school and out-of-school extra curricular activities.
- Discuss the selections and time commitment with your parents in order to ensure you have a balanced schedule.
- Counselor Meetings
- Counselors are working through each student's schedule individually. For those students who are having difficulty selecting courses, please email your counselor directly.
*Students can make changes to their course selections until June 8th by emailing their counselor.
If you have any questions, please email the support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your student FULL NAME and GRADE. You will receive a response within 48 hours.