- Sophomores: PSAT, Practice ACT (see "Test Prep Resources" below for more information on Practice/Mock opportunities)
- Juniors: PSAT and SAT, and ACT (Students interested in participating in the National Merit Scholarship Program must take the PSAT in the 11th grade. Visit the National Merit website for more information.)
- Seniors: SAT and/or ACT (take last exams by December for college consideration!)
Juniors and Sophomores - Register for the PSAT 8/24/2021 – 9/13/2021*
*Please note we cannot accept any registrations after this date due to College Board test ordering deadlines.
The test will begin at 7:00am on Wednesday, October 13th at MCHS. To register online, please go the MCHS website and click on the MCHS ASB Webstore in the upper right-hand corner or use this link: https://mchswebstore.myschoolcentral.com
Limited in-person registration will be available September 8th, 9th, 10th and 13th at the student store during snack and lunch. Registration cost is $25. Study Guides will be available in the CCC in mid-September. Please contact the CCC (ext. 5253) with any questions.
PSAT (10/13) Bell Schedule
*Zero period does not meet. Testing 7:00 - 10:35am
Period 1 10:41 - 11:13; Period 2 11:19 - 11:53; Period 3 11:59 - 12:31; Lunch 12:31 - 1:01; Period 4 1:07 - 1:39; Period 5 1:45 - 2:17; Period 6 2:23 - 2:55.
Why Take the PSAT?
Sophomores: Taking the PSAT in 10th grade is a great way to get familiar with the SAT exam format, before studying for the actual SAT. We recommend that sophomores take a mock ACT exam and the PSAT, so that by the end of their sophomore year they can decide which test to take for college admissions.
Juniors: In order to qualify as a National Merit Scholar, you must take the PSAT during your Junior year. All Juniors interested in being considered for the National Merit Scholarship should sign up for the exam. Furthermore, it is great practice for students who have not taken the SAT, and want to get familiar with the SAT Exam format.
- Go on to College Board for FREE practice tests!
- Come by the CCC to check out FREE test preparation books. ACT, SAT, AP and Subject Tests.
- Did you miss the Revolution Prep free webinar PSAT: Now what? This covers the steps to create a testing timeline, and break down the differences between the SAT and the ACT. Watch online at the link below:
- PSAT: Now What?
- Free Educational Resource for Mira Costa Parents - https://www.revolutionprep.com/webinars/
- C2 Education has a wide variety of webinars available online- from writing college essays to preparing for upcoming exams! Explore and register here - https://events-na3.adobeconnect.com/content/connect/c1/1027159351/en/events/catalog.html?folder-id=1130639370
- SAT Test Prep: http://www.chegg.com/test-prep/sat
- ACT Test Prep: http://www.chegg.com/test-prep/act
ACT - Test Prep Preview.com: https://www.testprepreview.com/act_practice.htm
Khan Academy FREE online resources: https://www.khanacademy.org
StudyBlue online flashcard may help students learn faster and improve outcomes. Flashcards have long been an effective tool for learning and now that StudyBlue is FREE, students can easily create, share and study flashcards for any subject without a monthly subscription. You can learn more about us here: http://www.studyblue.com/
Intensive College Essay Writing Workshop by Shannon Vaughan: FIRST SESSION STARTS 9/13
Seniors, need help with your college essays? Sign up for one of three, 2-week evening intensive college Essay Writing Workshops. The first workshop session is Sept. 13-15 from 6-8pm. For more details on cost, dates and times of the sessions, go to Shannon Vaughan Essay Workshops page. Please see flyer attached at the bottom of this page.
Contact: Hasan Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-211-1986
Our tutoring experience promotes engagement that solidifies comprehension for our students. We prepare our students on REAL ACT/SAT tests, build their academic fundamentals, and then teach them the tips and tricks to succeed on each exam. We provide families an amazing level of support to quell any anxieties throughout their student's academic journey. Our tutors have wonderful personalities that build productive connections with their students to make test prep and academic tutoring fun! Please see flyer attached below.
PJ's Test Prep - www.pjtestprep.com Free SAT/ACT Practice Tests and Seminar; Free College Essay and Personal Statement Seminar. PJ's will continue to offer free tests via Zoom until it's safe to get back in the classroom. For test dates, registration, and to reserve a spot please see details attached at the bottom of this page or go to: www.pjtestprep.com/rsvp,
PJ's SUMMER/FALL CLASS & TUTORING SCHEDULE is now up at www.pjtestprep.com.
View NEW FALL FREE TESTS & SEMINARS
If you missed PJ's Essay Presentation June 3rd, here is the YouTube link to view:
Princeton Review- Free Tests and Webinar Sessions- Princeton review is offering online practice tests as well as information sessions on various college related topics. https://www.princetonreview.com/
Revolution Prep - Revolution Prep is offering practice college admissions exams while remaining safely at home. A proctored practice exam is the best way to get a real-time snapshot of testing performance in order to create a testing plan and timeline. www.revolutionprep.com
Study Hut Tutoring: www.studyhut.com
Sylvan of Hermosa Beach: https://locations.sylvanlearning.com/us/hermosa-beach-ca. Tutoring and Test Prep classes are available. 310-341-3137. Free Second Saturday SAT day- in the center every month. Call Sylvan of Hermosa Beach's center or go to their website to schedule a free SAT or ACT Diagnostic (practice test) and consultation.